We have a great opportunity for an ambitious, hands-on Structural Engineer to join our industry-leading Heavy Lift Engineering Department.
Part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team based in Delft, the Netherlands, you will be responsible for all project preparatory works for single-lift platform installations and removals executed by the world’s most technically advanced offshore vessel, Pioneering Spirit.
Your role covers design, analysis, working procedures, material take off- and offshore support for offshore structures ranging from a few hundred tonnes in weight to tens of thousands of tonnes. This applies to all activities related to contracts, tenders, business development and R&D.
We are looking for a results orientated, fast learner who takes the initiative and leads by example. Motivated by the challenge to further enhance the efficiencies and advantages of the “single-lift” concept, you boast strong analytical skills and creative solutions. A team player with a desire to succeed, we want someone who is keen to develop and grow within the role and take on additional challenges and responsibilities.
- Define the structural scope of work, methodologies and progress
- Perform design studies and prepare plans defining the structural element of the project scope
- Prepare budgets and schedules for all project structural design work
- Carry out concept, basic and detailed calculations and simulations
- Develop procedures for using and testing the installation or removal aids and discuss outcomes with project and offshore teams responsible for the execution
- Raise material take-offs related to the above
- Update Unit Head Heavy Lift Engineering (or delegate) on work progress
- Provide ongoing support during the offshore phase
- Co-ordinate fabrication work of project aids fabricated in-house or by a subcontractor as required
- Review subcontractor equipment design and installation or removal methods
- Prepare relevant input for the engineering close out report
- Provide input and feedback to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines
What we expect from you
- BSc / MSc degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant experience is preferred but is not a prerequisite
- Experience with structural engineering software (FEMAP, GeniE) is preferred but not a prerequisite
- Highly organised with a hands-on, no-nonsense mentality and ability to work on own initiative
- Fluent English
- Desire to develop your career and take on increasing responsibilities
- Willing to travel and work offshore
- Affinity with the offshore and/or marine environment is preferable
What we offer you
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues
- Work in a dynamic, world-leading offshore company, with short communication lines
- Work in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance scheme
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including studies, training and coaching
Apply for the role as Structural Engineer Heavy lift by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Nizam Tüzer, Recruiter, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.