We are currently looking for a Structural Welding Engineer to join our Pipeline Production Department (PPD) in Delft, the Netherlands. PPD comprises a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team responsible for the preparation of all welding, non-destructive testing and field joint coating. The Structural Welding Engineer ensures that the welding activities are prepared in a timely and economic manner to support fabrication on Allseas’ sites, vessels and with subcontractors in accordance with project requirements. This challenging role offers a chance to work with a variety of projects all over the world. The ideal candidate has proven structural welding experience within the offshore industry and is comfortable working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Identify, develop and qualify the welding methods, or review subcontractor’s proposals for such, to fabricate steel structures and their appurtenances in a timely and economic manner, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the applicable project.
- Review project requirements and provide input for tenders.
- Provide technical input and cost estimates for welding methods, equipment and consumables, required for project preparations and production.
- Pro-actively identify any potential cost savers, optimisations and implement these after approval.
- Monitor the daily progress of ongoing production on Allseas’ vessels and/or work sites and if necessary assist on site.
- Maintain and expand technical and practical knowledge of welding and construction work, including non-destructive testing techniques.
What we expect from you
- MSc/BSc degree in Engineering and/or International Welding Engineering (Las Praktijk Ingenieur) (based on experience level).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the welding or offshore industry.
- Knowledge of relevant standards.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Prepared to work offshore and abroad occasionally.
What we offer
- A versatile job with tasks varying from large scale projects to small and detailed activities.
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues.
- Work in a dynamic, world-leading offshore company, with short communication lines.
- Work in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance scheme
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including studies, training and coaching
Apply for the role as Structural Welding Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Stefan Hees, Unit Head Welding & Materials, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.