We are currently looking for a Junior Welding Engineer to join our Pipeline Production Department (PPD) in Delft, the Netherlands. The PPD comprises a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team responsible for the preparation of all offshore welding, non-destructive testing and field joint coating. In three years, the Junior Welding Engineer will be trained via a dedicated programme to become an independent Welding Engineer, which includes the degree of International Welding Engineering (IWE). The job of a Welding Engineer is to ensure that the welding activities are prepared in a timely and economical way to support the pipelay vessels in accordance with the project requirements.
This challenging role offers a chance to work in a variety of projects all over the world. The ideal candidate has proven welding and/or pipeline experience and will be comfortable working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Identify, develop and qualify the welding methods to produce the pipelines and their appurtenances in a timely and economical manner, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project
- Review project requirements and provide input for tenders
- Provide technical input and cost estimates for welding methods, equipment and consumables, required for project preparations and production
- Monitor the daily progress of ongoing production on Allseas’ vessels and/or work sites and if necessary assist on site
- Maintain and expand technical and practical knowledge of (offshore) pipeline welding and construction work, including non-destructive testing techniques.
- Provide technical support to managers regarding status of welding developments for future projects and identify areas of improvement within the PPD
What we expect from you
- MSc/BSc degree in Engineering and/or International Welding Engineering (Las Praktijk Ingenieur); (based on experience level)
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Prepared to work offshore and abroad occasionally
What we offer
- A versatile job with tasks varying from large scale events to small and detailed activities
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues
- Work in a dynamic, world-leading offshore company, with short communication lines
- Work in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance scheme
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including studies, training and coaching
Apply for the role as Junior Welding Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Nizam Tüzer, Recruiter, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.