To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our highly skilled, multidisciplinary Heavy Lift Engineering Department in Delft, the Netherlands. The Senior Structural Engineer is responsible for structural integrity assessment, design of lift points, installation aids and grillages for topsides and jacket installation and removal operations for Allseas’ Heavy Lift vessel Pioneering Spirit. From design and fabrication of equipment to removal and/or installation of platforms, you are involved in the whole process.
In this dynamic environment, surrounded by dedicated results-oriented engineers, there are numerous possibilities to develop yourself quickly. From the moment that you start at Allseas, a mentor will provide guidance and support. As your career develops, you will take on bigger and more challenging projects, and mentor your own new starters to make their success happen.
The nature of our industry means we must be tenaciously innovative in the pursuit of new solutions and advanced analysis in the face of unrelenting pressure and constant change. We are looking for a determined, stress-resistant self-starter who can adapt quickly, and do everything necessary to get the job done. Is that you?
- Analyse the project needs and prepare details scope of works and planning for all relevant tasks for yourself and eventually for your team
- Prepare design calculations (and reports) for all structural design work within scope, budget and schedule
- Perform detailed calculations using hand calculations and FEM analysis and adhere to the given approaches and standards
- Motivate the team to achieve high performance, and train and mentor junior engineers
- Actively initiate, set up and improve departmental procedures, tools and standards
- Develop concepts for design and assessment and advice on the most suitable solutions
- Present the work in a clear way to the client, project team and the management
- Be accountable for the quality of your work and the work of your team concerning the structural design, integrity assessment and reporting
- Be involved with the fabrication and installation of structures on-shore and off-shore. You are the first point of contact for fabrication and installation related questions.
- You are experienced in the structural integrity assessment of topsides and jackets using linear and nonlinear calculations
- You will report to your Unit Head and will liaise with project teams, subcontractors, crew, clients and certification authorities
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience
- Able to work well in a high pressure environment
- Self-starter with creative and analytical skills
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- You are acquainted with international standards, namely DNV, AISC, ISO, NORSOK or EuroCode
- You are pragmatic and can identify and develop simple solutions
- You are able to delegate tasks to your team members
- You have eye for cost effective designs and solutions
- You are prudent and can distinguish between primary and secondary tasks
- You are stress-resistant, takes initiative and have good analytic skills
- Experience in FEMAP and/or SESAM/GeniE is a pre
- Willingness to work offshore occasionally
- High degree of flexibility to coupe with rapid changes and varying technical complexity
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company, active in an ever-changing industry
- An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communications lines
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join our collective health insurance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports membership, on-site recreational facilities and various social events festivities
Deadline to apply: 1 February 2019
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Carola Bos from our Recruitment Department: +31 15 268 1256.