To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
The Mechanical Engineer works within the Innovations Department and is responsible for the mechanical development and design of new and/or modified equipment for Allseas pipelay vessels.
The Innovations Department is responsible for all modifications to, and new construction designs for, Allseas’ vessels and equipment. This includes working on design, analysis, working procedures, material take-off, etc.
- Prepare specifications, budgets and planning, and define scopes of work for the mechanical part of equipment design;
- Design and develop (concepts for) mechanical equipment in collaboration with the drawing office;
- Design and develop (concepts for) mechanical control systems in collaboration with electrical and software engineers;
- Prepare analysis, evaluations, calculations and/or sketches for the development of new electromechanical equipment or improvement/modifications to existing equipment;
- Develop, build and test prototypes of new equipment;
- Prepare design and test reports.
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience with equipment design and applied control engineering;
- Experience in 3D CAD programmes and Finite Element calculations;
- Good command the of English language, both written and spoken;
- Prepared to work offshore occasionally.
What we offer
For further information, please contact Petra van Leeuwen, Recruitment, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 268 1800.