We are currently looking for a Coating Engineer to join our Pipeline Production Department (PPD) in Delft, the Netherlands. This role can be an excellent starting point of your career at Allseas.
Allseas has executed more than 300 projects and installed over 23,500 km of subsea pipeline. The Pipeline Production Department is responsible for the preparation of all offshore welding, non-destructive testing and coating activities for our pipeline installation projects.
As a Coating Engineer, you are assigned to safely, timely and economically prepare and support the coating activities for the pipelay vessels, ensuring compliance with the project requirements. You provide specialist know-how and hold responsibility for the field joint, line pipe and structure coating activities for all project phases (tender, engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning) and co-ordinates between vessel(s) and work site(s), client and project team, departments, subcontractors and suppliers as well as other business contacts.
Depending on the work volume and complexity anticipated, you will be assigned to one or more projects.
In this role your main responsibilities are to
- Identify, develop and qualify the coating methods of the field joints to produce the pipelines and their appurtenances in a safe, timely and efficient way, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project;
- Supervise the coating services including but not limited to pre-qualification, performance, quality audits and technical presentations;
- Identify training needs and obtain client approval to qualify coating personnel for coating methods, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project;
- Provide technical input and cost estimates for coating methods, equipment and consumables required for project preparations and production;
- Report to Unit Head Coating & Equipment regarding status of preparations, problems foreseen or encountered and improvements for current or upcoming projects;
- Identify, order and verify availability on the vessel or work site of sufficient and adequately qualified coating personnel, specialist support or consultancy including associated equipment, tools, consumables and spares;
- Identify, develop, order and timely verify availability on the vessel or work site of sufficient coating equipment and consumables purchased or provided by others;
- Verify that coating services are performed in accordance with the applicable safety and environmental procedures, rules and regulations on the vessels and work sites;
- Monitor daily progress of ongoing production on the vessel or work site and if necessary relocate to the vessel or work site for as long as required to assist with or resolve any coating problems until coating activities are performing satisfactorily;
- Maintain and expand where possible a technical and practical knowledge of (offshore) line pipe coating systems, structure coating and pipeline coating techniques, including the application of contract specifications, coating procedures and codes, coating personnel qualifications, new or modified coating techniques as well as a working knowledge of line-pipe coating techniques and their capabilities.
What we expect from you
To be successful in this role you have
- BSc or MSc degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience is preferred but is not a prerequisite.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Willingness to travel.
Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply also to this vacancy.
What we offer you
Working at Allseas allows you the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down-to-earth culture at its core.
You can expect
- Competitive industry benchmarked salary and pension
- Performance based salary raises and bonuses
- 30 holidays days per year, flexible working hours
- Company-sponsored fitness scheme
- Extensive training and development programme, study budgets and coaching
- Internal clubs, committees, parties and (sportive) events
If this role appeals to you, please apply for this role by clicking ‘Apply’. We are looking forward to receiving your cv and motivation.
An online assessment will be part of the selection process.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.