The Security Engineer works within the IT Department. The IT Department is responsible for designing, maintaining and supporting Allseas's information technology infrastructure, enabling the organisation to leverage both information and technology in an efficient, productive and secure manner.
The Security Engineer is responsible for all cybersecurity related activities. This function covers both Security Analyst and Security Engineer tasks. These activities include development of security run books, composing use cases, vulnerability assessment, detecting security incidents and follow-up of incidents response. The Security Engineer closely co-operates with the Department Head IT in the investigation, implementation and development of new technologies and policies to enhance security capabilities and implement improvements.
- Continuous monitoring of all activities and systems related to IT security;
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and Management;
- Oversee the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications;
- Resolve security threats and vulnerability issues in a timely and effective manner;
- Change ownership and implementation of IT security improvements;
- Perform risk analysis and deliver reports and assessments to Management;
- Research, recommend, evaluate and assist in implementing improved IT security solutions;
- Offer security guidance and run awareness campaigns.
What we expect from you
- Minimum 3 -5 years working in IT related field;
- 1 -2 year(s) working in IT security.
- Specialist knowledge and experience in securing hybrid environments
- A lot of experience in security monitoring and response, plus switching with a supplier;
- Enthusiasm to stay up to date with the latest state of affairs in the field of security threats and solutions;
- Terms that sound familiar to you are: Microsoft, security baselines, Security Incident & Event Management systems, Risk Analyses, Information Security Management System (ISO27001), CISM/CISSP certification; Declassification and emergency response planning
- Knowledge and experience in documenting findings and advice;
- Communicatively strong and convincing, you can explain everything clearly to the stakeholders and get them on board;
- Do you have an eye for the impact of changes on the end user;
- Strong in Dutch and English.
What we offer you
Working at Allseas allows you the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down-to-earth culture at its core.
You can expect
- competitive industry benchmarked salary and excellent pension
- performance based salary raises and bonuses
- 30 holidays days per year, flexible working hours
- extensive training and development programme, study budgets and coaching
- a company-sponsored fitness scheme
- internal clubs, committees, parties and (sportive) events
If you feel that you can contribute to our business by diving into this exciting opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter! Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.
An online assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.