Third Engineer ER
As a market leader in offshore pipeline installation and subsea construction, Allseas has installed over 26,000 km of subsea pipeline in water depths up to 3,5 km worldwide operating a versatile fleet of pipelay and support vessels. Our fleet boasts some of the largest, most innovative and most technically advanced pipelay vessels in the world, including the world’s largest vessel 'Pioneering Spirit'.
To stay ahead in the ever-changing offshore environment, we are constantly improving our operational and technical capabilities, which is why we want you to challenge us to focus on future opportunities and to think outside the box. When working at Allseas, you get the chance to familiarize yourself with our technology and learn from industry pioneers. You'll enjoy the advantages of an exciting working environment, prospects of career development and highly competitive salary & benefits.
On board the vessels, our marine crew work 12-hour shifts based on a schedule of five weeks on and five weeks off.
Our fleet is looking for a Third Engineer ER. Are you the Third Engineer ER we are looking for?
- Execute of watch keeping duties, maintenance and repairs activities in engine rooms (ER)
and waste management
system, as directed by Second Engineer ER;
- Report to Second Engineer ER and First Engineer ER;
- To keep safe and efficient watch during seagoing conditions and during DP operations;
- Perform independent watch keeping duties;
- Handover watch as per standing orders.
- Inform Second Engineer of any changes in operation of ER equipment;
- Execute maintenance and repairs on equipment;
- Remain in ER or control room during DP operations under special conditions or at
as instructed by First Engineer;
- Act as per standing instructions;
- Perform duties as
indicated on station bill and perform ship security duties;
- Conduct all activities and tasks in accordance with Allseas corporate objectives and
- Familiarise with and comply with Allseas' Integrated Management System (AIMS);
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment within all Allseas premises;
- Ensure all personal documentation, such as passport, seaman's book, medical
certificate and safety (STCW) training certificates, is kept up-to-date, valid and will be
hand carried on board in original;
- Be alert, execute the "Stop the job" authority on any workplace activity on the grounds
of immediate safety, health and environmental hazards, and informs the responsible
- In possession of Dutch licence Officer in charge of an
Engineering Watch no limitations or
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Computer literate;
- Minimum 3 years' In the function of a 3rd Engineer or higher;
- Completion of all safety/trade training as per Allseas training matrices;
- Competences and expertise/abilities;
- Good communication and team working skills;
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.