Reporting to the QHSE Manager, and working in the QHSE team in Perth, this role works closely with the Project and Operations teams, and is an important operations support role. To be successful you will demonstrate your experience in the coordination of approvals and maintaining company compliance against current legislative acts, regulations and relevant guidelines.
Allseas currently has a number of projects in Australia and is seeking to engage an enthusiastic team member who can support the business across multiple projects in the marine environment.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have environmental marine and offshore experience however a willingness to be involved and to provide support and guidance is of the most importance.
- The preparation and development of documentation to support the Allseas projects in Australia
- Support the environmental assessments for Allseas projects.
- Assist with developing environmental management plans and procedures for Allseas vessels, sites and projects.
- Assist with the delivery of the environmental communications strategy to improve environmental awareness and drive continual improvement in environmental performance, including development of communication packages, posters, articles, and campaigns.
- Assist with the development of training and guidance to the business on the broad environment function.
- Assist in monitoring Allseas compliance with environmental commitments including but not limited to:
- Monitoring the outcomes of audits and inspections;
- Corrective and preventative action tracking;
- Participating in operational site visits / inspections as required.
- Assist with the development and continuous improvement of the Allseas Environmental Management System (including standards, management plans and work procedures) applicable to Allseas activities and consistent with this legislation, codes, policies, standards, principles, procedures and community expectations.
- Assist in compiling Environmental and Close Out Reports
- Participating in in field inspection / survey activities as required (i.e. Heritage Survey and potentially Fauna / Veg Survey exposure).
What we expect from you
To be successful in this role, you will be a professional self-starter who is highly organised, loves to multitask and has experience working in a fast-paced environment.
You will also demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, HSE or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in marine, exploration or the petroleum industry with demonstrable exposure to, regulatory approvals and compliance in WA and the NT.
- An understanding of relevant state and federal legislation and regulatory approvals systems.
- An understanding of safety and environmental management systems and their practical implementation.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and information management
- Ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders and encourage positive collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer you
Allseas is a world-leading contractor in the offshore energy market, with dynamism, rapid progress and pioneering spirit at its core. We install critical subsea infrastructure for Australia’s biggest and most important energy projects. We are expanding our footprint down under, securing more work for strategically important offshore developments that will power Australian households and businesses for generations to come. To help us cement our position as an offshore technology pioneer, we need an ambitious and committed Environmental Engineer for our project planning and engineering office in Perth.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.