We are currently looking for an experienced Buyer with
strong negotiation and contracting skills to join our multi-disciplinary Procurement
Department in Delft, the Netherlands. You will be responsible for sourcing and
purchasing materials, goods and services across multiple categories to support
and maintain Allseas’ fleet, offices and yards, and to support the effective
execution of projects.
Candidates will have the ability to successfully multi-task,
possess strong negotiation and communication skills, able to use his/her
experience in a lead position and be comfortable and experienced working in a
fast moving and high-paced environment. We are looking for someone who will be
keen to develop and grow within the role and organisation to take on additional
challenges and responsibilities.
- Manage, monitor and process purchase order administration
- Liaise with internal clients to compile requirements for sourcing of materials and services
- Review internal requisitions and check correctness (incl. all required back up correspondence)
- Issue RFQ/RFPs and evaluate quotations
- Negotiate bids and quotations
- Place POs per Allseas standard (incl. Allseas terms and conditions)
- Expedite POs and ensure timely receipt of goods, documents and certificates in accordance with the (technical) specifications
- Verify and approve invoices
- Prepare bid evaluation sheets and executive summaries
- Follow up and settle VOs, claims and/or disputes
- Analyse the supplier market (structures, market shares, prices, technology, products etc.)
- Attend supplier sites and industry related trade exhibitions as required
What we expect from you
- MBO + or HBO Technical (e.g. Mechanical engineering)
- As a minimum NEVI 1 or equivalent
- 5 years’ purchasing experience in a similar environment (offshore, shipbuilding or petrochemical)
- Affinity with technical standards and specifications in a project environment
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing methods and techniques
- Results-driven, with a proven track record
- Experience with an ERP system (ORACLE) and Microsoft Office
- Experience with IT and facility procurement is desirable
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Highly organised with a hands-on, no-nonsense mentality and an ability to work on own initiative
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
What we offer you
Working at Allseas allows you the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down-to-earth culture at its core.
You can expect
- competitive industry benchmarked salary and excellent pension
- performance based salary raises and bonuses
- 30 holidays days per year, flexible working hours
- extensive training and development programme, study budgets and coaching
- a company-sponsored fitness scheme
- internal clubs, committees, parties and (sportive) events
If you feel that you can contribute to our business by diving into this exciting opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter! Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.
An online assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.