The Structural Engineer works within the Pipeline Engineering Department. The department is responsible for a variety of disciplines including design, fabrication and installation, in preparation for and support of pipeline installation projects. With sufficient experience and knowledge gained (in depth or general) and proven capability in the field, the Structural Engineer may be eligible for the title of Senior Structural Engineer at the discretion of the supervisor and Management.
The activities of the Structural Engineer are primarily focused on the structural aspects required to prepare and carry out the offshore installation activities, conducted by Allseas' vessels, in a safe and cost effective manner. This may be required for project activities related to contracts, tenders, research and development, business development and/or improvements to engineering departmental standards, methods and guidelines.
- Define the scope of work, methodologies and progress;
- Perform design studies, including drawings and calculations, and prepare plans defining the structural element of the scope of a project;
- Prepare budgets and schedules for all structural design work for projects;
- Perform detailed calculations and simulations using the appropriate computer software;
- Develop procedures for using and testing the installation aids and discuss outcomes with project team members and offshore personnel responsible for the execution;
- Prepare material requirements;
- Ensure the Manager Engineering (or delegate) receives regular status updates on the progress of work;
- Provide on-going support during the offshore phase;
- Interface fabrication work of installation aids fabricated in-house or by a subcontractor when required;
- Review subcontractor equipment design and installation methods;
- Prepare relevant input for the engineering close out report;
- Provide input and feedback to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines.
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 - 10 years of experience designing offshore structure (preference in subsea structural design)
- Willingness to develop his career in subsea structures design
- Practical solutions orientated attitude
- Ability to plan his work, setting priorities and aligning them with different stakeholders
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of offshore structural codes (DNV, NORSOK, APL...)
- Good English level (Communication and report)
Skilled in computer-based engineering tools and system:
- 3D modelling
- Structural analysis (Abaqus and Staad-pro is a preference)
- Programing knowledge is a plus (visual basic, Python ... )
What we offer you
Working at Allseas allows you the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down-to-earth culture at its core.
You can expect
- competitive industry benchmarked salary and excellent pension
- performance based salary raises and bonuses
- 30 holidays days per year, flexible working hours
- extensive training and development programme, study budgets and coaching
- internal clubs, committees, parties and (sportive) events
If you feel that you can contribute to our business by diving into this exciting opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter! Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.
An online assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.