An exciting opportunity has arisen for an eager and motivated QHSE/Environmental Engineer to join our expanding QHSE Department in Delft, the Netherlands.
At Allseas, we strive to continuously improve our operational performance through innovative techniques and systems. Our QHSE Department plays a crucial role in identifying areas of improvement and implementing processes and systems to improve performance as it relates to quality, health, safety and environmental practices.
The QHSE/Environmental Engineer supports and advises project teams, departments, vessels and yards on quality, health, safety and environmental matters, drives the implementation and execution of QHSE initiatives and safety culture programme and actively contributes to our environmental sustainability strategy.
We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic multitasker, with excellent collaboration and communication skills and the ability to build productive relationships at all levels of the organisation. The ideal candidate boasts strong analytical skills, can identify trends in large data sets and is able to manage multiple priorities with strong track record of delivery.
- Support and advise Project Managers and discipline engineers on QHSE matters on a project basis
- Support and advise vessel and site-based Safety Officers on QHSE matters
- Monitor compliance with corporate and project QHSE requirements, local rules and regulations
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the company's QHSE processes and systems, highlight improvement opportunities and share lessons learned as required
- Liaise with client QHSE professionals on the implementation of project specific QHSE requirements
- Lead risk assessment sessions for commercial and internal projects, and follow up on actions raised
- Work on corporate improvements to continuously raise the QHSE bar
- Contribute to the corporate sustainability programme
- Participate in the audit schedule as lead auditor for internal and external audits
- Assist with other duties and projects as required
What we expect from you
- BSc/MSc in Safety Management, Environmental/Sustainability Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of health, safety and environment, preferably in the offshore/marine industry
- Experience with and knowledge of maintaining and operating management systems to the guiding standards, with priority on ISM and ISO 9001/14001/45001
- Familiarity with HAZID, HAZOPand other risk assessment techniques
- Understanding of international HSE regulations applicable in the offshore/marine industry
- Proven team player who also excels working independently
- Strong collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Fit for offshore work
- Willingness to travel
What we offer you
- Work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company, active in an ever-changing industry
- An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and be involved in the development of game-changing technology
- Learn from a collaborative and team-oriented department of about 30 persons of diverse nationalities and expertise
- Great growth and development opportunities
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days
- Good salary and travel allowance and collective health insurance and pension arrangements
- Opportunity to experience the offshore environment by travelling to the vessel and yards
Apply for the role as QHSE/Environmental Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact our Recruitment Team, at email@example.com
to this advertisement is not appreciated.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.