We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious self-starter to join our industry-leading Pipeline Production Department (PPD) as Production Engineer. Based in Delft, the Netherlands, the PPD is responsible for the preparation of all offshore welding, non-destructive testing (NDT) and coating systems and processes.
An integrated member of the PPD, the Production Engineer tracks the output of the pipelay vessels and analyses production performance to identify and develop system and production flow optimisations. A team player who thrives under pressure, you mediate between pipeline production disciplines and provide input to the vessels, departments, project teams and other interfaces.
- Monitor daily production progress of pipelay vessels, perform analysis and identify production bottle-necks and optimisations
- Initiate and support the development of systems which improve production estimations
- Keep track of status of PPD preparations, risks, costs and improvements for projects
- Provide tender input and interface with Proposals Department on production-related tender work
- Liaise with Project Control Department and report cost and time impact of changes for projects
- Develop and take charge of all “back-end” activities on the pipelay vessels, such as anodes, VIV strakes, piggyback blocks and other project specials
- Mediate between PPD disciplines and represent the PPD in internal/external progress meetings
- Evaluate overall production performance, identify and initiate improvements for future pipelay operations
What we expect from you
- MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant experience would be advantageous, however is not a prerequisite
- Be able to communicate at different levels in the organisation
- Stress resistant self-starter who can be able to organise and plan own work
- Practical attitude and self-reliant
- Willing to work offshore and abroad occasionally (~3 weeks per year)
- Good command of Dutch and English, both written and spoken
What we offer you
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues
- Work in a dynamic, world-leading offshore company, with short communication lines
- Work in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance scheme
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including studies, training and coaching
Apply for the role as Production Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’. If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact our Recruitment team: +31 15 268 1800.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.