An exciting opportunity has arisen for a young and enthusiastic Junior NDT Engineer to join our Pipeline Production Department (PPD) in Delft, the Netherlands. This Department is responsible for the definition and preparation of all offshore welding, weld inspection by non-destructive testing (NDT) and field joint coating activities.
As a Junior NDT Engineer, you will be part of the Unit NDT Engineering which is responsible for execution of inspection work on Allseas' vessels. Through a three-year programme, you will develop yourself and achieve Level 3 NDT Certification (post-HBO). After the programme, you will act independently to ensure that all inspection activities are timely and economically prepared to support the pipelay vessels in accordance with project requirements.
In three years, you will gradually grow into the role of NDT Engineer:
- Identify, develop and qualify the inspection methods necessary to produce the pipelines and their appurtenances, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project;
- Provide technical input and cost estimates for inspection methods, equipment and consumables required for project preparations and production;
- Monitor the daily progress of ongoing production on board vessels and/or at work sites and, where necessary, intervene to resolve any inspection related issues;
- Develop, evaluate and manage the maintenance, repair and supply of inspection equipment and consumables for projects, liaising with suppliers, contractors and project teams;
- Monitor and improve performance for inspection services, ensuring that assigned projects are managed in accordance with applicable company, environmental and safety procedures;
- Provide technical support to managers regarding status of inspection services for future projects and identify areas of improvement within the PPD.
What we expect from you
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Strong affinity with inspection and the offshore environment
- Hands on mentality;
- Practical and able to organise and plan own work;
- Willing to work offshore and abroad occasionally;
- Good language and communication skills in Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
What we offer
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communication lines
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary and travel allowance and collective health insurance and pension arrangements
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities
Apply for the role as Junior NDT Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Nizam Tüzer, Recruiter at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.