We are looking for an Application Engineer SQL to join our IT Department in Delft, the Netherlands. As part of a highly skilled team, you are responsible for planning, testing and implementing automated solutions for existing and new systems. Utilizing your experience, you will identify application development solutions, enhance new or improve a wide range of existing applications and integrate changes.
Our IT Department is responsible for designing, maintaining and supporting Allseas’ information technology infrastructure, enabling the organization to leverage both information and technology in an efficient, productive and secure manner. We highly value team spirit and we encourage team members to have fun together. If you can handle great responsibility at a dynamic, record-breaking company with some of the largest pipelay projects and the heaviest platform installations and lifts in the offshore industry, Allseas is the place for you.
The ideal candidate is a pro-active team player with excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Plan and suggest requirements and improvements to current systems and work processes
- Plan and co-ordinate deployments and upgrades for applications
- Test and document all changes before installation, define internal training specifications if required at a user or IT group level
- Plan and co-ordinate interventions, maintenance, updates and upgrades and procedural changes related with applications management
- Follow new developments and evolutions in his/her responsibility area
- Develop data retrieval and reporting queries
What we expect from you
- HBO/BSc degree in Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in SQL Database Administration, preferably in an offshore, marine or industrial environment
- Graduate students are encouraged to apply as well. For graduates, no specific experience is required. You will be trained on the job by experienced Application Engineers
- Experience with exporting, importing, and transforming data from SQL to other formats such as delimited raw/text file, Excel, Access, and XML
- Experience with SQL Server clusters, mirroring, logshipping, always-on and other methods of disaster recovery
- Familiar with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, stored procedures, views, indexing, database tuning, and maintenance jobs
- Experience with custom application support • Experience with Agile (Scrum) and associated tooling like (Jira/DevOps)
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both written and spoken
What we offer
- Work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company, active in an ever-changing industry
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues, room for professional growth
- Work in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft • Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance scheme
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidized sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities
Candidates fulfilling the requirements may use the online application form. For further information, please contact Ivânia da Costa, Recruitment Assistant at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.