Our Pipeline Production Department (PPD) in Delft is looking for a Junior Welding Engineer to join its skilled team of welding engineers that carry out welding activities for pipelay, heavy lift, vessel modifications and fabrication subcontracts. The Junior Welding Engineer works within the PPD’s welding unit and reports directly to the Unit Head Welding. The PPD is responsible for the preparation of all offshore welding, non-destructive testing and field joint coating.
This is a learn-on-the-job role and a great opportunity to work alongside expert welders who employ a vast range of techniques and processes to ensure jobs are performed to the highest possible standards, on time and within budget. You will be mentored by a team of (9) welding engineers, working as a collective to identify and develop new welding methods, provide input for tenders and monitor production output. Previous welding experience is not necessary, but a desire to learn from the best and succeed is!
Are you the person we are looking for?
- Identify, develop and qualify the welding methods to timely and economically produce the pipelines and their appurtenances, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project
- Review project requirements and provide input for tenders
- Provide technical input and cost estimates for welding methods, equipment and consumables, required for project preparations and production
- Monitor the daily progress of ongoing production on Allseas’ vessels and/or work sites and if necessary assist on site
- Maintain and expand technical and practical knowledge of (offshore) pipeline welding and construction work, including non-destructive testing techniques
What we expect from you
- MSc/BSc in Engineering, International Welding Engineering (Las Praktijk Ingenieur) or equivalent
- For graduates no specific experience is required, they will be trained on the job by experienced welding engineers
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Dedication to learn and succeed on the job
- Hands on mentality
- Prepared to work offshore and abroad occasionally
What we offer
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communication lines
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary and travel allowance and collective health insurance and pension arrangements
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities
Apply for the role as Junior Welding Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Martha de Ruiter, Recruiter, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.