We are currently looking for a dynamic and ambitious Technical Inspector E&I to join our Technical Department in Delft, the Netherlands. The department manages the maintenance, repair and modification of Allseas’ vessels, yards and equipment both on and offshore.
As a Technical Inspector E&I you are responsible for all repair, maintenance and modification activities related to electrical and instrumentation to safeguard safety, reduce downtime, protect the environment and ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes, standards and client project requirements. The ideal candidate is a pressure-resistant team player who can adapt quickly and do everything necessary to get the job done.
- Participate in the day-to-day technical management of vessels and assist the Technical Superintendents and crew with planning, repairs, maintenance and modifications
- Ensure all electrical and instrumentation activities (installation, checks, pre-commissioning etc.) are carried out in accordance with appropriate rules and regulations, codes, standards and specifications
- Support the Technical Superintendents and Vessel Management Teams
- Investigate possible cost reductions and propose/implement savings without adversely impacting vessel uptime
- Prepare detailed budgets for approval for modifications and investments, and control these during execution and report actuals after project completion
- Become familiar with production and project systems developed in-house
- Liaise with flag state and classification society as required
- Keep technical (E&I related) vessels/equipment documentation and history up to date
- Stay ahead of the development of new techniques, changing rules, regulations and client wishes
What we expect from you
- BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role within offshore, dredging, construction or shipbuilding industry would be ideal
- A creative attitude and eye for detail
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of classification agencies and IMO
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Accurate, flexible and cost-aware professional with a creative attitude
- Willing to work abroad and offshore. Work activities are divided between the office in Delft (80% of the time) and various sites including our vessels.
- Eager to embrace new systems and technologies; open to new ideas
What we offer
- This exciting and challenging role offer a chance to work all over the world, with a variety of projects
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary and travel allowance and collective health insurance and pension arrangements
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Health work-life balance, with subsidised sport memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities
Apply for the role as Technical Inspector E&I by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Martha de Ruiter, Recruiter, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.