We are looking for a Contracts Engineer to join our Procurement Department in Delft, the Netherlands. As part of a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team, you are responsible for establishing, maintaining and managing a large portfolio of subcontracts and frame agreements with subcontractors for pipelay and heavy lift projects. Reporting to the Unit Head Subcontracting, you will ensure that contract terms and conditions, pricing, QHSE and technical specifications comply with Allseas’ requirements.
Our Subcontracting Unit comprises 14 professionals, each with their own specialism and focus. We feel a large responsibility towards our Project Management Department to ensure we live up to our client’s expectations. We work together as a team and we enjoy our work while doing so. If you want to handle a large spend at a multicultural, record-breaking company with the largest pipelay projects and the heaviest lifts within the offshore industry: Allseas is the place to be.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate expert organisational and negotiating skills, with a strong ability to prioritise work and lead by example. Previous experience in a similar role is a must.
- Define subcontracting strategy depending on the scope, value and time schedule;
- Liaise with internal clients to scrutinise project requirements;
- Prepare/submit tender packages including draft contracts;
- Negotiate and administrate suitable contract documents with subcontractors;
- Select and contract subcontractors to support the pipelay and heavy lift projects and ensure that the contracts comply with project requirements;
- Inform internal clients about selected third parties and give guidance as required;
- Manage and monitor contract administration;
- Review and evaluate the services performed by subcontractors.
What we expect from you
- A degree in Business Administration, Commercial Law or equivalent experience;
- NEVI 1/2 or similar training courses are considered an advantage;
- 3 years contracting or strategic procurement of third party services (subcontractors, port agents, helicopter companies, etc.), preferably in the offshore/marine industry;
- General technical knowledge of industry practices;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Able to create and maintain good working relationships with internal clients such as Department Heads, Unit Heads, administrative and operational employees;
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch languages: written, spoken and contractual;
- Results driven, common sense and hands-on mentality;
- Knowledge of ERP & MS Office systems/applications.
What we offer
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues;
- Work in a dynamic, world-leading offshore company, with short communication lines;
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE);
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance;
- Work in an easy-to-reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft;
- Personal and professional growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching;
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities.
Apply for the role as Contracts Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Martha de Ruiter, Recruiter, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 – (0)15 - 2681800.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.