To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate Heavy Lift Engineer to join our highly skilled, multidisciplinary Heavy Lift Engineering Department in Delft, the Netherlands. Working closely with the Department Head and Lead Engineers, the Heavy Lift Engineer performs the project engineering for heavy lift projects executed by Allseas’ record-breaking single-lift vessel Pioneering Spirit. From design and engineering, fabrication of grillage, preparation of procedures and manuals up to on-site support during yard and offshore execution, you will be involved in the entire engineering process.
The nature of our industry means we must be tenaciously innovative in the pursuit of new solutions in the face of unrelenting pressure and constant change. We are looking for a determined, stress-resistant self-starter who can adapt quickly, and do everything necessary to get the job done. Is that you?
- Analyse and prepare project specifications for platform preparations and leg cutting, offshore lift and transportation operations, yard preparations, load-in and barge transfer and tow
- Prepare design calculations and design reports for all (structural) heavy lift design work within scope, budget and schedule
- Perform FEED and feasibility studies to identify best solutions for single-lift installation or removal of large (> 5,000 t) topsides and jackets
- Prepare method and execution statements for commercial bids for new projects
- Prepare mobilisation manuals and equipment checklists
- Prepare procedures and manuals for load-in, transfer, mooring, tow, lift and transportation operations
- Design grillage and sea fastening for barge transfer operations
- Design lifting gear, such as spreader bars, rigging and pad eyes, internal/external lifting tools
- Perform platform inspections to confirm platform condition and feasibility of proposed solutions
- Prepare factory acceptance and commissioning tests for project equipment
- Prepare disposal yard and transfer barge for platform transfer and load-in operations
- Interface with various disciplines (project team, vessel crew, clients, subcontractors, certification authorities, marine warranty surveyor) to define efficient and cost effective solutions and provide ongoing engineering support
- Keep up to date with the development of specialised equipment for removal and installation operations
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical, Civil or Maritime Engineering
- 3-6 years’ relevant work experience
- Team player who is motivated to take on a technical challenge
- Able to work well in a high pressure environment
- Self-starter with creative and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel and work offshore
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company, active in an ever-changing industry
- An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communications lines A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join our collective health insurance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports membership, on-site recreational facilities and various social events festivities
Deadline to apply: 1 June 2019.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Carola Bos from our Recruitment Department: +31 15 268 1256.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.