To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the markets ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a R&D Engineer with a geotechnical background and ideally experience in the offshore and/or construction industry to join our Geotechnical Unit. As part of our Innovations Department based in Delft, the Netherlands, the Geotechnical Unit advises our proposal and project teams on geotechnical issues, and prepares phases of the offshore operations executed by Allseas’ vessels and equipment.
You will assist in the delivery of geotechnical input for a diverse and complex array of subjects such as pipeline trenching, foundation design for ultra-soft soils and analysis of pile and mudmat removal forces, as well designing and developing new products and processes that advance the capabilities and increase the efficiencies of Allseas’ equipment.
Candidates should have a strong knowledge of soil mechanics and experience in the preparation of geotechnical reports and design documents. As part of a highly skilled, multidisciplinary engineering team, you will have the ability to successfully multi-task and be comfortable and experienced working in a fast moving and high paced environment. This challenging role offers a chance to work on worldwide projects and opportunities for personal development.
- Provide geotechnical advise and support to proposal and project teams
- Prepare offshore operations including cost and time estimates, identify opportunities and risks and develop new equipment and safe working procedures
- Support and actively participate in continuous improvement of procedures and equipment
- Acquire and grow a sound knowledge of geotechnical design related to offshore installation, removal and dredging operations, and the functioning and design of offshore production equipment
- Prepare specifications and documentation as required by suppliers
- Perform and evaluate prototype tests and contribute to research projects
- Ensure proper documentation
What we expect from you
- Engineer with background in soil mechanics and geotechnics and affinity for offshore applications
- MSc degree in Mechanical, Civil, Offshore or Geoengineering, ideally with experience in offshore design and/or construction
- Highly proficient excel and other Microsoft office software
- Basic knowledge of CAD or Inventor and/or numerical modelling software, in particular Plaxis, Itasca or Abaqus
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- Team player with high sense of responsibility
What we offer
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communication lines
- Work in a dynamic, world-leading technical company, active in an ever changing industry
- Great growth and development opportunities
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit as its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance and option to join our collective health insurance and pension arrangements
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities, social events and festivities
Apply for the role as Geotechnical Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’. If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Carola Bos, Recruiter at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.