To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We are currently looking for a dynamic R&D Engineer who specialises in the development of subsea equipment to join our Geotechnical Unit in Delft, the Netherlands. Part of Allseas’ industry-leading Innovations Department, the Geotechnical Unit provides proposals and project teams with expert advice on geotechnical challenges, and combine skills and ideas with advanced technology to develop project-specific solutions for Allseas vessels and equipment.
Do you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team, providing input from your technical expertise while learning from others? Are you willing to take responsibility to deliver safe, fit-for-purpose solutions that ensure project execution within the set time and cost frame?
We are looking for a stress-resistant self-starter with proven analytical and problem solving skills, who can adapt quickly and do everything necessary to get the job done. Is that you?
- Develop new cost-effective and fit-for-purpose equipment solutions to fit individual project requirements
- Prepare concept designs and develop detailed design of equipment
- Prepare and co-ordinate fabrication and commissioning
- Provide technical input, advice and assistance during the execution of the operations
- Support and actively participate in continuous improvement of procedures and equipment
- Contribute to fundamental research for development of future solutions/applications
- Prepare specifications and documentations for suppliers
- Ensure proper documentation
- Perform and evaluate prototype tests
What we expect from you
- Degree-educated in Aerospace Structures, Mining, Mechanical, Geo, Civil or Offshore Engineering or related discipline
- Engineering background in mining, mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Expertise in design and development of subsea equipment/excavation machinery/tunneling/rock mechanics is desirable
- In depth knowledge Microsoft office software
- Basic knowledge of CAD or Inventor
- Basic knowledge on soil/rock mechanics or interest to learn
- Affinity for offshore applications is preferred
- Good team player with high sense of responsibility
- Creativity and strong analytical skills to solve complex technical issues with innovative solutions
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic company, active in an ever-changing industry
- An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communications lines
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join our collective health insurance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports membership, on-site recreational facilities and various social events festivities
Deadline to apply: 1 July 2019
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Carola Bos from our Recruitment Department: +31 15 268 1256.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.