The ocean bed contains a wealth of minerals such as cobalt, nickel and copper that are needed to support our global economy and power the future of green energy. Allseas is working on the development of a deep-sea mining harvester and riser system to gather mineral- rich nodules from the seafloor with minimum environmental impact, and to transport them to the ocean’s surface.
Our Innovations Department is looking for energetic and motivated Assistant R&D Engineers to support its multi-disciplinary deep-sea mining team. You will provide support in the planning, preparing and execution of prototype tests and analysis of test results, and assist with the development of new economic and financial models for deep-sea mining.
A mentor will oversee your progress and development throughout the duration of the placement. We are looking for team players with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who can adapt quickly and are interested in deep-sea mining. Is that you?
- Support in the conception, development and testing of current and future solutions
- Support in the planning, execution and evaluation of prototype tests
- Support in the planning of mineral resources projects
- Support in developing economic and financial models
What we expect from you
- Engineering background in mining or mineral resources engineering, mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Team player with hands-on mentality
- Problem solver and out-of-the-box thinker
- Experience with MS Excel and MS Office
- Experience with ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Inventor or Matlab is an advantage
- Basic knowledge in cost modelling or interest to learn
- Driver’s license is an advantage
- Availability (at least) two days per week
What we offer
- Work in a dynamic, world-leading technical company, active in an ever changing industry
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit as its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
Interested? Apply for the role as Assistant R&D Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Carola Bos, Recruiter at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.