To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We are advancing the record-breaking capabilities of Pioneering Spirit even further, developing a unique Jacket Lift System (JLS). Positioned aft of the vessel, this new specialised offshore lifting system will be able to lift and support steel jacket structures and modules up to 20,000 t for both installation and removal operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our highly skilled, multidisciplinary Innovations Department in Delft, the Netherlands. The nature of our industry means we must be tenaciously innovative in the pursuit of new solutions in the face of unrelenting pressure and constant change. We are looking for a determined, stress resistant self-starter who can adapt quickly, and do everything necessary to get the job done. Is that you?
- Prepare design calculations (and reports) for all structural and mechanical design work within scope, budget and schedule
- Perform detailed calculations using FEM analysis
- Prepare plans and procedures for the installation and inspection of equipment and discuss these procedures with the project team and the offshore personnel responsible for the execution
- You will report to your Department Head and will liaise with project teams, subcontractors, crew, clients and certification authorities
What we expect from you
- MSc or degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with mechanical design and engineering activities preferably in the offshore industry
- Proven knowledge in the field of structural and mechanical engineering and awareness of other disciplines and project phases
- Creative engineer with the ability to visualise and evaluate his/her designs
- Experienced in working in teams of engineers and designers, in order to produce efficient designs
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company where no two days are the same
- Inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- A positive, collaborative and creative culture with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance and option to join our collective health insurance and pension arrangements
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities, social events and festivities
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Carola Bos from our Recruitment Department: +31 15 268 1800.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.