To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We are advancing the record-breaking capabilities of Pioneering Spirit, the largest construction vessel in the world even further, optimising the existing 48,000 t capacity Topsides Lift System (TLS) to prepare for even larger topsides, and developing a unique Jacket Lift System (JLS). Positioned aft of the vessel, this new specialised offshore lifting system will be able to lift and support steel jacket structures and modules up to 20,000 t for both installation and removal operations.
We are looking for an E&I Engineer with experience in industrial installations, preferably in the offshore or maritime industry to join our Innovations Department in Delft, the Netherlands. As part of a highly skilled, multidisciplinary engineering team, you are responsible for supporting the design of the entire electrical installation throughout all engineering phases with drawing and documentation work.
- Create electrical installation details, single-line diagrams, panel layouts, cable and consumer lists
- Coordinate the realization of new or upgraded power distribution installations
- Support multidisciplinary projects on E&I matters across the entire life cycle
- Analyse, solve and prevent problems in power distribution (harmonics, blind currents, etc.)
- Conduct cabling calculations, short-circuit calculations, arc-flash analysis
What we expect from you
- BSc/MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, track Electrical Power Engineering
- Understanding of offshore and maritime rules and regulations regarding electrical engineering
- Understanding of electrical power generation, distribution and protection for low and medium voltages (switch gear, transformers, motor control centers, automation cabinets)
- Ability to work independently, accepting ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Pro-active and self-motivated team player
- Able to work well in a high pressure environment with continuous changes
- Creativity and strong analytical skills to solve complex technical challenges with innovative solutions
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel for short assignments and work abroad or offshore (2-3 weeks at a time)
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company, active in an ever-changing industry
- An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communications lines
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join our collective health insurance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidized sports membership, on-site recreational facilities and various social events festivities
Apply for the role as Electrical Power Engineer by ‘Apply’.
Deadline to apply: 1 May 2019. If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Carola Bos, recruiter at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.