To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We have an exciting opportunity for an eager and ambitious Project Engineer to join our highly skilled, multidisciplinary Innovations team in Delft, the Netherlands. Working directly under the Vice President Innovations, you will take the lead in the development of new cutting-edge, customised equipment solutions to meet specific project requirements.
Lead a mixed-discipline brainstorming session on new pipelay equipment, review designs with 3D experts, co-ordinate prototype assembly and testing at one of our state-of-the-art fabrication halls, fly to one of the vessels to install equipment or head over to TU Delft to give a guest lecture – in this job, no two days are the same.
This enormously versatile role offers a unique development track and serves as stepping stone to endless opportunities to further your career with Allseas. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter with strong analytical and planning skills, who can adapt quickly to take on varied engineering and management tasks to get the job done. Is that you, and are you up for the challenge?
- Develop new cost-effective and fit-for-purpose equipment solutions to fit individual project requirements
- Prepare concept designs and develop detailed design of equipment
- Arrange and co-ordinate fabrication and commissioning
- Perform and evaluate prototype tests
- Travel offshore to oversee equipment installation and testing
- Provide technical input, advice and assistance during the execution of the operations
- Review and approve engineering project deliverables
- Interface with various disciplines (project team, vessel crew, suppliers and fabrication yards) to define efficient and cost-effective solutions and provide ongoing engineering support
- Contribute to fundamental research for development of future solutions/applications
- Give guest lectures and presentations at technical universities and colleges
- Co-ordinate and actively participate in the Marine Pipelines courses given at universities and colleges
- Represent Allseas and the Innovations Department at career events
- Assist the Vice President Innovations in preparing progress presentations for Allseas’ Advisory Board
- Support and actively participate in continuous improvement of departmental procedures and systems
What we expect from you
- Master (MSC) degree in Mechanical, Civil, Maritime Engineering, Aerospace Structures or related discipline
- Maximum 2 years of relevant work experience in multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Willingness to work abroad and offshore
- Stress-resistant self-starter who can adapt quickly and prioritise tasks
- Team player with strong communicational skills and high sense of responsibility
- Creativity and strong analytical skills to solve complex technical issues with innovative solutions
- Able to work in a high pressure environment while maintaining a pragmatic approach
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company where no two days are the same
- Inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- A positive, collaborative and creative culture with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance and option to join our collective health insurance and pension arrangements
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities, social events and festivities
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Carola Bos from our Recruitment Department: +31 15 268 1800.