We have an exciting opportunity for a committed Site Material Controller skilled in inventory handling processes to join our Material Management Department in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The department is responsible for all logistical elements of supply chain management within Allseas.
Reporting to the Unit Head Material Control, you will take responsibility for the efficient and effective execution of the inventory control and material storage/distribution processes. You will plan, supervise, and support day-to-day all R&M material activities to ensure materials are order to meet project and vessel schedules while the inventory is kept to a minimum.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational and communication skills, proven material control and inventory experience, and be able to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced work environment.
- Co-ordinate material orders and prepare shipments for delivery to vessels and/or project locations
- Monitor, inspect and register (if required) all inbound/outbound client supplied/project materials
- Oversee the storage of required project materials, under required conditions
- Provide regular updates to project teams and/or internal disciplines about tracking and tracing of materials
- Execute and provide material control procedures and documents
- Initiate, develop and execute plans and procedures to improve existing inventory control and material storage/distribution control processes onshore (also supply bases)
- Ensure complete and correct delivery of all required client supplied/project materials at location
- Complete a material reconciliation of all materials upon the completion of a project, and oversee the storage, disposal and/or return of surplus materials
- Develop plans and procedures to improve existing logistics processes, procedures, and working practices
What we expect from you
- BSc degree with a logistical or technical background
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with material control and inventory handling processes
- Knowledge of inventory control and inventory management systems
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
What we offer
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communication lines
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
Apply for the role as Site Material Controller by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Martha de Ruiter, Recruiter at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.