We are looking for a skilled Work Planner with extensive experience in cost scheduling and planning, and proven knowledge of welding techniques and procedures to join our Fabrication Department. Located at our new state-of-the-art workshop in Heijningen, the Netherlands, Allseas Fabrication provides fabrication, testing and coating activities in support of our offshore operations.
The Work Planner is responsible for the execution of all day-to-day planning and co-ordinating tasks, related to fabrication projects and specifications. You will manage the fabrication workflow by planning the workflow and co-ordinating the advanced fabrication processes, which includes material testing, machining, welding, coating and quality verification.
The ideal candidate will have a couple of years of experience in the fabrication of offshore industry related equipment and has a good knowledge of welding procedures and quality requirements.
- Execute all tasks as per project/project manager requirements
- Read and understand all project related date incl. scope descriptions, contract specifications, project planning (deadlines/milestones) and budget
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches
- Plan in detail operations of (sub)work scopes and work packages before commencing project related work in agreement with project team and supervisor/project manager
- Co-ordinate timely delivery of materials, drawings and welding procedures with the discipline leads in the project team
- Detect faulty equipment, deliveries or defective materials and take corrective actions
- Act as a primary point of contact for all day-to-day schedule matters relating to the project
- Develop and maintain a schedule of work in agreement with project team and project manager, incl. details of materials and machines to be used, cost of materials, mechanical and human resources, timelines and quality standards to be met
- Prepare financial statements and maintain overview on additional work (VORs)
- Adjust workflows and document the (new) procedures
- Draw-up action plans and lists in co-operation with the project team and project manager
- Maintain project folders and build inventories of the related project risks
What we expect from you
- Minimum MTS Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years’ related experience, preferably in the offshore/steel industry
- Vast range of experience, particularly with multiple welding procedures
- Team player who can work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Ownership for work scopes under your co-ordination
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
What we offer
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communication lines
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit as its core
- 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
For further information, please contact Martha de Ruiter, Recruiter, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 268 1624.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.