To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We are currently looking for a dynamic and ambitious Technical Inspector E&I to join our Technical Department in Delft, the Netherlands. The department manages the maintenance, repair and modification of Allseas’ vessels, yards and equipment both on and offshore.
The Technical Inspector E&I is responsible for all repair, maintenance and modification activities related to electrical and instrumentation to safeguard safety, reduce downtime, protect the environment and ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes, standards and client project requirements. The ideal candidate is a pressure-resistant team player who can adapt quickly and do everything necessary to get the job done.
- Participate in the day-to-day technical management of vessels and assist the Technical Superintendents and crew with planning, repairs, maintenance and modifications
- Ensure all electrical and instrumentation activities (installation, checks, pre-commissioning etc.) are carried out in accordance with appropriate rules and regulations, codes, standards and specifications
- Support the Technical Superintendents and Vessel Management Teams
- Investigate possible cost reductions and propose/implement savings without adversely impacting vessel uptime
- Prepare detailed budgets for approval for modifications and investments, and control these during execution and report actuals after project completion
- Become familiar with production and project systems developed in-house
- Liaise with flag state and classification society as required
- Keep technical (E&I related) vessels/equipment documentation and history up to date
- Stay ahead of the development of new techniques, changing rules, regulations and client wishes
What we expect from you
- BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Some experience in a similar role within offshore, dredging, construction or shipbuilding industry would be ideal
- Determined self-starter with a creative attitude and eye for detail
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of classification agencies and IMO
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Accurate, flexible and cost-aware professional with a creative attitude
- Willing to work abroad and offshore
- Eager to embrace new systems and technologies; open to new ideas
What we offer
- A chance to work all over the world, with a variety of projects, challenges and opportunities for personal development. Work activities are divided between the office in Delft (80% of the time) and various sites including our vessels.
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary and travel allowance and collective health insurance and pension arrangements
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities
- Graduate students are encouraged to apply as well
Apply for the role as Technical Inspector E&I by clicking ‘Apply’. If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Ruud Lezer, Recruiter, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681611.