To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We are advancing the record-breaking capabilities of Pioneering Spirit even further, optimising the existing 48,000 t capacity Topsides Lift System (TLS) to prepare for even larger topsides, and developing a unique Jacket Lift System (JLS). Positioned aft of the vessel, this new specialised offshore lifting system will be able to lift and support steel jacket structures and modules up to 20,000 t for both installation and removal operations.
We are currently looking for ambitious and passionate Mechanical Engineers, who are responsible for the design, development, testing and integration of complex, cutting-edge equipment for the vessel’s unique lifting systems. Based at our engineering and innovations hub in Delft, the Netherlands, you will co-operate closely with colleagues from other disciplines in a multidisciplinary team to enhance system-critical equipment and components. We are looking for quality-driven team players looking to test and advance their skillset in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Prepare specifications, budgets and planning, and define scopes of work for the mechanical part of equipment design
- Design and develop (concepts for) mechanical equipment in collaboration with the Designers and Structural Engineers
- Design and develop (concepts for) mechanical control systems in collaboration with Electrical and Control engineers
- Prepare analysis, evaluations, calculations and/or sketches for the development of new electromechanical equipment or improvement/modifications to existing equipment
- Prepare design and test reports
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with equipment design and applied control engineering
- Experience in 3D CAD programmes
- Quality-driven team player looking to test and enhance skills in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Good command the of English language, both written and spoken
- Prepared to work offshore occasionally
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company, active in an ever-changing industry
- An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communication lines
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities
Apply for the role as Mechanical Engineer ( TLS / JLS ) by clicking ‘Apply’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact recruiter Carola Bos: +31 15 268 1256
Deadline to apply: 1 May 2019.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.