To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an efficient and pro-active Production Engineer to join our Pipeline Production Department (PPD) in Delft, the Netherlands. As Production Engineer you will have a central role within the Allseas organisation in order to maintain our success as a pipelay contractor. This Department is responsible for the preparation of all offshore welding, non-destructive testing (NDT) and field joint coating. The Production Engineer is responsible for the set-up and optimisation of the pipeline production process on-board our fleet of world-leading pipelay vessels. He is a linking pin between all pipeline production disciplines and provides input to the vessels, departments, project teams, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Provide tender input and interface with the Proposals Management Department on bid qualifications, work plans (including production rate estimates), clarifications and budgets;
- Monitor and report daily progress of production on the vessels and perform analysis against the estimated production rates per pipeline;
- Identify and support the development of systems which improve production and make sure these meet the requirements of the PPD;
- Develop and take charge of all project special production activities on the pipelay vessels not belonging to welding, NDT or coating. For instance all activities related to anodes and anode attachments, VIV strakes, spoilers, piggy back blocks, piggy back strapping;
- Mediate between the PPD disciplines and represent the PPD in internal and external progress meetings and coordinate information and actions within the PPD;
- Communicate with the Project Control Department and report cost and time impact of changes in seasonal schedule and/or changes in vessel movements;
- Identify and address potential non-conformant or non-efficient working practices.
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an urge to optimise processes and work methods;
- Result-driven and passionate, a self-starter with resolve that finds satisfaction in challenges;
- The skills to connect and motivate people;
- Strong coordinating skills;
- Able to communicate at all levels in the organisation;
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar role is preferred but fresh starters are also invited to apply;
- Willing to work offshore and abroad occasionally;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both written and spoken.
What we offer
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communication lines
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and a holiday allowance of 30 days (FTE)
- Good salary and travel allowance and collective health insurance and pension arrangements
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities
Apply for the role as Production Engineer by clicking ‘Apply with resume’.
If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Marc Lind, P&O Consultant, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.