To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We are currently looking for an experienced Structural Engineer with strong negotiation and contracting skills to join our Pipeline Engineering Department in Delft, the Netherlands. As part of a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team, your focus is subsea structural design, including engineering, procurement and fabrication, to ensure that offshore structures meet with client standards and delivered on time and within budget.
This challenging role offers a chance to work all over the world with a variety of projects. Candidates will have proven experience in subsea structure design and will be comfortable working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Define the scope of work, methodologies and progress
- Perform design studies and prepare plans defining the structural element of the scope of a project
- Prepare budgets and schedules for all structural design work for projects
- Perform detailed calculations and simulations using the appropriate computer software
- Develop procedures for using and testing the installation aids and discuss outcomes with project team members and offshore personnel responsible for the execution
- Prepare material requirements
- Interface fabrication work of installation aids fabricated in-house or by subcontractor when required
- Review subcontractor equipment designs, calculations, reports and installation methods
- Liaise with project management team, subcontractor and client
- Ensure the Manager Engineering (or delegate) receives regular updates on the progress of work
- Prepare relevant input for the engineering close out report
- Provide input and feedback to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines.
- Guide, coach and monitor (less experienced) structural engineers
- MSc/BSc degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in structural engineering function
- Preferred minimum 5 years’ experience in subsea structure design
- Affinity with geotechnical, hydrodynamic and subsea piping design
- Good command of finite element analysis software
- Well-developed understanding of equipment commonly used in subsea structures
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
What we offer
- A versatile job with tasks varying from large scale events to small and detailed activities
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues
- Work in a dynamic, world-leading offshore company, with short communication lines
Apply for the role as Structural Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’. If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Marc Lind, P&O Consultant, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.