Would you like to a play a leading role in the design and engineering phases that enhance the capabilities and improve the efficiencies of our technically advanced offshore equipment?
For our multidisciplinary Innovations Department in Delft, the Netherlands we are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer. In this role you are responsible for the structural development and design of new and/or modified equipment for Allseas pipelay and heavy lift vessels. From design to fabrication to commissioning, you are involved in the whole development process.
Your goal is to develop both people and equipment. Increasing efficiency and contributing to technology that will play a key role in the energy transition is what motivates you.
- Analyse and prepare project specifications for construction, conversion and modification of vessels, lifting appliances and other special structures
- Develop equipment for renewables such as wind turbine installations
- Prepare design calculations (and reports) for all structural design work within scope, budget and schedule
- Identify the risks and consequences of the vessel or equipment related to the strength/ stability/safety/class approval, etc.
- Perform detailed calculations using FEM analysis
- Prepare plans and procedures for the installation and inspection of equipment and discuss these procedures with the project team and the offshore personnel responsible for the execution
- Liaise with project teams, subcontractors, crew, clients and certification authorities
- Coach/train other Structural Engineers and review their work
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace Engineering
- 5 - 10 years’ of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills and technical insight
- Creative and resilient mindset
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to work offshore occasionally, depending on the nature of your project
What we offer you
Working at Allseas allows you the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down-to-earth culture at its core. You can expect:
- Competitive industry benchmarked salary and pension
- Performance based salary raises and bonuses
- 30 holidays days per year, flexible working hours
- Extensive training and development programme, study budget and coaching
- A company-sponsored fitness scheme
- Internal clubs, committees, parties and (sportive) events.
Allseas has earned the "World-class Workplace" label. This means that as an employer we score above Effectory's global benchmark for being a good employer. The label is based solely on feedback from our employees. Wondering what our people say about working at Allseas? Read their stories. Interested?
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.