The Heavy Lift department oversees the concept, basic and detailed engineering phases for the removal or installation of topsides and jacket structures up to 60,000 ton for both the oil & gas and renewables industries. The Heavy lift department consists of a creative and multidisciplinary mix of Heavy Lift Engineers, Structural Engineers, Naval Engineers and Draftsmen. Agile teams perform all the engineering and feasibility analyses for a safe and economical project execution by Allseas heavy lift fleet.
Since 2016 the department has successfully contributed to a total lifted weight of 330,000t with a record breaking year in 2022 of 123,000t. With an order book of another 31 assets, Allseas will continue to contribute to decommissioning of offshore structures and provide services for the offshore renewables industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate Heavy Lift Engineer to join our highly skilled, multidisciplinary Heavy Lift Engineering Department in Delft, the Netherlands. Working closely with the Department Head and Lead Engineers, the Heavy Lift Engineer performs the project engineering for heavy lift projects executed by Allseas’ record-breaking single-lift vessel Pioneering Spirit. From design and engineering, fabrication of grillage, preparation of procedures and manuals up to on-site support during yard and offshore execution, you will be involved in the entire engineering process
- Analyse and prepare project specifications for platform preparations and leg cutting, offshore lift and transportation operations, yard preparations, load-in and barge transfer and tow
- Prepare design calculations and design reports for all (structural) heavy lift design work within scope, budget and schedule
- Perform FEED and feasibility studies to identify best solutions for single-lift installation or removal of large (> 5,000 t) topsides and jackets
- Prepare method and execution statements for commercial bids for new projects
- Prepare mobilisation manuals and equipment checklists
- Prepare procedures and manuals for load-in, transfer, mooring, tow, lift and transportation operations
- Design grillage and sea fastening for barge transfer operations
- Design lifting gear, such as spreader bars, rigging and pad eyes, internal/external lifting tools
- Perform platform inspections to confirm platform condition and feasibility of proposed solutions
- Prepare factory acceptance and commissioning tests for project equipment
- Prepare disposal yard and transfer barge for platform transfer and load-in operations
- Interface with various disciplines (project team, vessel crew, clients, subcontractors, certification authorities, marine warranty surveyor) to define efficient and cost effective solutions and provide ongoing engineering support
- Keep up to date with the development of specialised equipment for removal and installation operations
What we expect from you
- MSc degree in Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace, or Maritime Engineering (or equivalent)
- Relevant 1-5 years of experience is preferred but is not a prerequisite
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply to this vacancy.
- Willing to travel and work offshore
- Affinity with the offshore and/or marine environment is preferable
- Team player who is motivated to take on a technical challenge
- Self-starter with creative and analytical skills
- Fluent English
What we offer you
Working at Allseas allows you the chance to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with creative thinking, collaboration and down-to-earth culture at its core.
You can expect
- competitive industry benchmarked salary and excellent pension
- performance based salary raises and bonuses
- 30 holidays days per year, flexible working hours
- extensive training and development programme, study budgets and coaching
- a company-sponsored fitness scheme
- internal clubs, committees, parties and (sportive) events
If you feel that you can contribute to our business by diving into this exciting opportunity, we are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivational letter! Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.
An online personality questionnaire can be part of the selection procedure.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.