To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
The Senior Installation Engineer works within the offshore Pipeline Engineering Department and reports to the Manager Pipeline Engineering. The department is responsible for a variety of disciplines including design, fabrication and installation, in preparation for and support of offshore pipeline installation projects and proposals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer who can manage projects independently in our Peth office in Australia. You will be part of a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team, your focus is preparatory work such as design, analyses, working procedures, material take off and off shore engineering support in relation to Allseas projects, and proposals, where you can use your strong analytical, planning and presentation skills.
- Design and implement various installation engineering solutions for the preparation and successful completion of all offshore installation activities, in a safe and cost effective manner
- Define the scope of work, methodologies and progress
- Prepare budget and schedules for all installation engineering work for projects
- Perform detailed calculations and simulations using the appropriate computer software
- Develop procedures, analyses and prepare material requirements
- Liaise with the Field Engineers on operational matters during preparatory phase, mobilisation and during installation phase
- Ensure the Manager Engineering receives regular status updates on the progress of work
- Maintain and process project files and documents in view of audit requirements both internal and external
- Provide ongoing support during the offshore phase
- Prepare relevant input for the engineering close out report
- Provide input and feedback to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines
- Train, Coach and motivate Installation Engineers
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in S-mode pipeline installation engineering
- Capable of working with pipelay software and Allseas’ own software
- Result-driven with a hands-on mentality
- Analytical, Accurate, Flexible and service oriented
- Good command of the English and Dutch language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
- Affinity with the offshore and/or marine environment is preferable
Additional knowledge required
- ILS installation
- PLEM installation
- Static pipelay
- Dynamic pipelay
- Fatigue calculations
- PIP installation
- Piggy back installation
- A&R and laydown operations
- DMA start-up operation
- Pile start-up operation
- Contingency recovery operations
- Pipeline pull-in (landfall)
- Span analysis
- Pipeline design
- ECA analysis
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company, active in an ever-changing industry
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Salary range from AUD80,000 to AUD 120,000
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance.
For further information, please contact Ruud Lezer, Recruiter at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 152681800
Candidates fulfilling the requirements may use the online application form.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.