We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and hands-on Software Engineer to join our young, vibrant and multidisciplinary R&D team in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Part of our wider Innovations Department, R&D Eindhoven focuses on the development of cutting-edge measuring and inspection equipment, robotics and the digitalisation of vessel information systems.
As a Software Engineer, you play an integral role in the full development cycle from proof-of-concept to production environment. Working closely with other designers and engineers, you are responsible for the design, implementation, testing, integration and maintenance of software for customised inspection equipment.
The nature of our industry means we must be tenaciously innovative in the pursuit of new solutions in the face of unrelenting pressure and constant change. We are looking for a determined, stress-resistant self-starter who can adapt quickly, and do everything necessary to get the job done. Is that you?
- Participate in the full development lifecycle from proof-of-concept to production environment
- Design, implement, test, document, extend, and maintain software
- Follow Agile (Scrum/Kanban) engineering practices
- Improve and evaluate existing processes, systems, tools and libraries.
- Test and commission equipment (possibly in an offshore environment)
- Code review sessions
- Keep up-to-date with the relevant trends in software development
- Collaborate proactively in a multidisciplinary R&D team
What we expect from you
- Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented development principles
- Self-critical and self-correcting
- Eagerness to learn, try, fail and explore
- Team player in a multidisciplinary environment
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- C# 6.0/7.0 and the .NET framework (or .NET Core)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- C or C++
- Computer vision
- Data visualization
- Geometric algorithms
- Asynchronous APIs (TPL, Dataflow)
What we offer
- An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary and travel allowance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
For more information, contact Ruud Lezer from our Recruitment Department at Allseas Engineering on +31 15 268 1800.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.