To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious starting Heavy Lift Engineer to join our highly skilled, multidisciplinary Studies & Tenders Team. A creative mix of junior and senior Heavy Lift Engineers, Structural Engineers, Naval Engineers and Draftsmen, the team performs critical engineering and feasibility analysis, and prepares key aspects of contract tenders, for projects executed by Pioneering Spirit.
Based in Delft, the Netherlands, you oversee the basic engineering for the safe, single-lift removal or installation of topsides and jacket structures up to 48,000 t for both the oil & gas and renewable industries. Working closely with Unit Heads and Lead Engineers, you will identify the optimal preparation scope for installations and removals, and perform offshore site surveys and visual inspections of the offshore structures.
This is a challenging role for an assertive and hands-on engineer who wants to participate in a wide variety of fast-paced projects, and play a part in the record-breaking offshore lifts executed by the ground-breaking heavy lift vessel Pioneering Spirit. We are looking for a determined, stress-resistant self-starter who can adapt quickly, and do everything necessary to get the job done. Is that you?
- Perform FEED and feasibility studies to identify best solutions for single-lift installation or removal of large (> 5,000 t) topsides and jackets using the Topsides and Jacket Lift Systems of Pioneering Spirit
- Prepare method and execution statements for commercial bids for heavy lift projects
- Perform offshore platform inspections to confirm platform condition and required preparation scope
- Interface with various disciplines (project team, vessel crew, subcontractors, certification authorities, marine warranty surveyor) to define efficient and cost effective solutions and provide ongoing engineering support
- Frequent client contact to define project requirements and present the project deliverables
- Prepare project specifications and design reports for platform preparations, leg cutting, offshore lift, offshore transportation, transfer to barge, yard preparations and load-in
- Prepare procedures and manuals for mobilisation, load-in, transfer, mooring, tow, lift and transportation operations
- Design grillage and sea fastening for barge transfer operations
- Design lifting gear, such as spreader bars, rigging and pad eyes, internal/external lifting tools
- Keep up to date with the development of specialised equipment for removal and installation operations
What we expect from you
- MSc degree in Mechanical, Civil, Aerospace, or Maritime Engineering (or equivalent)
- 1-3 years’ relevant work experience
- Team player who is motivated to take on a technical challenge
- Able to work well in a high pressure environment
- Self-starter with creative and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel and work offshore
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing company, active in an ever-changing industry
- An inspiring work environment where you can challenge your creative thinking and develop game-changing technology
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communications lines A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Working in an easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join our collective health insurance
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports membership, on-site recreational facilities and various social events festivities
For more information, contact Ruud Lezer from our Recruitment Department at Allseas Engineering on +31 15 268 1800.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.