For our office in Delft, the Netherlands, we are looking for a Hydraulics/R&D Engineer to provide technical support on the hydraulic and mechanical engineering activities carried out on the Pioneering Spirit project. You will be responsible for executing engineering tasks to develop and commission parts of the hydraulic systems on the vessel.
- Systematic approach to problem solving;
- Safeguard the safety awareness needed throughout the engineering, production and commissioning processes;
- Execute the design, analysis and review of complex hydraulic systems using sound engineering principles and company standards;
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines and departments such as control, electrical, structural and mechanical to deliver a design that meets all requirements;
- Prepare fabrication, test and commissioning specifications under supervision.
What we expect from you
- BSc or MSc degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent (MSc preferred);
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of mechanical and hydraulic systems engineering;
- Familiar with notified body (such as LR, DNV) requirements for certification/classification of hydraulic systems is beneficial;
- Experienced with 2D and 3D modelling software such as AutoCAD, Inventor and/or Hydrosym;
- Proven experience in product development including design, testing, and system integration;
- Proven experience in assembly techniques and production processes is beneficial;
- Affinity with control system design, E&I installations, structural and mechanical calculation principles;
- Ability and willingness to go offshore;
- Ability to work in teams with multiple disciplines.
What we offer
For further information, please contact Susie Toppler, Recruitment, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 268 1800.
In our application procedure, you can read what to expect when you apply for a job at Allseas.