For our Office in Delft, the Netherlands, we are currently looking for a Draftsman Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) / Document Controller to join the Technical Department’s new Unit Services. The Technical Department is a service entity within Allseas whose objective is to support the vessels, tenders and projects in the best way possible and to manage the vessels technically in the most effective and cost-efficient manner.
In this role you will have the opportunity to help develop an effective and efficiently run unit that provides key support services to our vessels and equipment. As a Draftsman it is your responsibility to create new E&I drawings or make modifications to existing drawings. Besides the drawing you will set up, run and maintain a document control system for all E&I drawings of our vessels. This exciting and challenging role offers a chance to work all over the world, with a variety of projects, challenges and opportunities for personal development.
- Ensure accurate drawings and registration systems are produced according to supplied information and application and standards;
- Set up, run and maintain a new document control system;
- Co-operate with Electricians, Technical Inspectors E&I and/or Service Technicians E&I to ensure all information is accurately processed;
- Draft and approve all electrical, instrument and control system drawings for vessel electrical installations;
- Assist in the identification of technical problems and contribute solutions;
- Check existing drawings with electrical systems and situations on board, and modify the drawings as necessary;
- Undertake pre-engineering site surveys in order to confirm the correctness of handover documents and suitability of allocated site for project implementation;
- Update the Department Head regularly about the status and progress of the work;
- Provide feedback and input to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines.
- HTS Electro or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 year drafting experience in electrical line diagrams and cable interconnection/wiring drawings;
- Experience in setting up a document control system is preferable;
- AutoCAD experience necessary;
- Technical knowledge and experience in the maritime industry is preferable;
- Good command of Dutch and English, both written and spoken;
- Good communication skills;
- Willingness to travel.
Allseas offers a challenging, young, dynamic and innovative environment where freedom and responsibility go hand in hand.
For further information, please contact Liesbeth de Ruiter, P&O Consultant, at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 268 1800.