The Pipeline Production Department (PPD) is responsible for the preparation of all offshore welding, non-destructive testing (NDT) and field joint coating. The NDT Engineer ensures that all NDT activities are timely and economically prepared to support the pipelay vessels in accordance with project requirements. The NDT Engineer reports directly to the Department Head PPD.
- Identify, develop and qualify the NDT methods necessary to produce the pipelines and their appurtenances, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project;
- Provide technical input and cost estimates for NDT methods, equipment and consumables required for project preparations and production;
- Review the NDT services, including but not limited to pre-qualification, performance, quality audits and technical presentations;
- Monitor the daily progress of ongoing production on board vessels and/or at work sites and, where necessary, intervene to resolve any NDT related issues;
- Consult with subcontractors on the feasibility of project specific NDT techniques, standards and specifications to develop the most productive and cost-effective outcome;
- Evaluate and manage the maintenance, repair and supply of NDT equipment and consumables for projects, liaising with suppliers, contractors and project teams;
- Conduct practical training to technicians and junior NDT personnel for new and/or modified NDT techniques and procedures;
- Monitor and improve performance for inspection and NDT services, ensuring that assigned projects are managed in accordance with applicable company, environmental and safety procedures;
- Provide technical support to managers regarding status of NDT services for future projects and identify areas of improvement within the PPD.
- Minimum HTS level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Supplemented by EN 473 or ASNT Level 3 in RT, UT and MPI;
- Willing to work offshore and abroad occasionally;
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
For further information, please contact Jolien Meijer, Recruiter at Allseas Engineering B.V.: +31 15 2681800.