To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at Allseas!
The Pipeline Production Department (PPD) is responsible for the preparation of all offshore welding, non-destructive testing (NDT) and field joint coating. The NDT Engineer ensures that all NDT activities are timely and economically prepared to support the pipelay vessels in accordance with project requirements. The NDT Engineer reports directly to the Department Head PPD.
- Identify, develop and qualify the NDT methods necessary to produce the pipelines and their appurtenances, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project;
- Provide technical input and cost estimates for NDT methods, equipment and consumables required for project preparations and production;
- Review the NDT services, including but not limited to pre-qualification, performance, quality audits and technical presentations;
- Monitor the daily progress of ongoing production on board vessels and/or at work sites and, where necessary, intervene to resolve any NDT related issues;
- Consult with subcontractors on the feasibility of project specific NDT techniques, standards and specifications to develop the most productive and cost-effective outcome;
- Evaluate and manage the maintenance, repair and supply of NDT equipment and consumables for projects, liaising with suppliers, contractors and project teams;
- Conduct practical training to technicians and junior NDT personnel for new and/or modified NDT techniques and procedures;
- Monitor and improve performance for inspection and NDT services, ensuring that assigned projects are managed in accordance with applicable company, environmental and safety procedures;
- Provide technical support to managers regarding status of NDT services for future projects and identify areas of improvement within the PPD.
What we expect from you
- Minimum HTS level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Supplemented by EN 473 or ASNT Level 3 in RT, UT and MPI;
- Willing to work offshore and abroad occasionally;
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
What we offer
What we offer
- Join a team-minded and energetic department, with committed professional colleagues;
- Work in a dynamic, world-leading offshore company, with short communication lines.
Apply for the role as NDT Engineer by clicking ‘Apply’. If you have specific questions related to the vacancy, please contact Petra van Leeuwen, P&O Consultant: +31 15 268 1800